Cambridge, MA · Job # 7873RK
Spearhead the next frontier Platform as a Service offering for healthcare industry decision making! You bring expertise in developing a cloud-based offering within an agile development environment.
- Provide a centralized healthcare data I/O framework allowing any system or user, both internal and external, to extract and persist data at scale
- Provide a programmatic and GUI-based means of managing the orchestration of state-machines, complex event processing, and the massive amount of ETL performed on a daily basis
- Provide a holistic and consolidated view on a patient's demographic, claim and clinical data regardless of multiple data sources
- Act as the subject matter expert for specified area of assignment
- Take ownership of what the team builds after the release; consider customer adoption as success criteria
- Contribute to agile ceremonies (i.e. daily stand-up, sprint planning, readouts and retrospectives) to improve team performance
- Drive self-organization; help determine how the team functions in collaboration with your peers
- Serve as Scrum Master as assigned and ensure high team effectiveness and efficiency
- Advise and train members of the team to maximize overall productivity and effectiveness of the team.
- Produce accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the appropriate detail
- Ability to critique technical documentation as needed
- Deliver customer value in the form of high quality software components and services in adherence with policies on security, performance, longevity and integration testing
- Proactively identify and propose new, alternative technology in order to create scalable implementations and achieve results.
- Accurately estimate the size of development tasks; challenge other during estimation
- Understand and follow coding conventions, architectures, and best practices; hold other members of the team accountable for doing so
- Write, debug, and deploy code to production; deliver timely fixes
- Scale systems to meet business demand
- Participate in team member interview process as needed; influences final hiring decisions.
Experience you Bring:
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience in fast paced agile environment
- Experience deploying or managing applications in an AWS or private cloud environment
- Significant software engineering skills, object-oriented programming and computer science experience
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux, Big Data, SQL, NoSQL, and various other technologies
- Exposure to distributed computing tech (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, ElasticSearch), Microservice and API design
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience