"Joining the right team can keep your career on course"
Boston, MA · Job # 8489RK
The Database Administrator/Developer is a highly visible and highly valued member of the Technology team.
- Develop, design, and perform administrative operational support for all databases.
- Ensure database security, availability and performance.
- Collaborate with all functional teams to plan, test, and implement database modifications.
- Plan, test and implement the safe modification of a production database environment during software upgrade cycles.
- Develop data access code that is efficient, smart and impactful. Operations systems are core to our client’s business.
- Monitor the performance, scalability and security of database Server instances on AWS (SQL and NoSQL)..
- Develop SQL solutions to enhance the capabilities of internal operations and services teams.
Experience That You Bring:
- 5+ years of database administration, database design and database development experience with SQL Server in an on-line service environment.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft SQL Server 2008-2016 as well as SQL Always On.
- Strong understanding of Database Server security, performance monitoring and optimization techniques, indexes, constraints, transactions, file groups, stored procedures, triggers, cursors, locking, queue tuning and log-shipping.
- Must have experience managing 20+ servers in a mid to very large scale database environment
- Experienced with SQL installation on standalone and cluster servers
- Experience with AWS cloud
- Experience with Mongo DB
- Candidate should be self-motivated, independent, and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Team player
- Possess excellent organizational skills, and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Powershell, C# or .NET scripting is a plus
- NoSQL knowledge and database platform are a plus