Providence, RI · Job # 8031RK
Phenomenal opportunity for a self-starter in a highly visible role reporting to the CTO of a pharma/tech start-up!
Opportunity for hands-on collaboration with chemists, computer scientists, electrical engineers and biomechanical engineers! Existing team is passionate about the Company’s mission and excited to share knowledge with early-career technologists!
Generous base salary plus equity- Flexible work hours and vacation time!!
- Enhance and perform maintenance on our client’s embedded firmware.
- Investigate, diagnose, and correct firmware issues discovered in testing, pilot and production - work directly with CTO and Senior Scientists.
- Prototype new firmware and device features that advance company’s offerings in the pharmacy space.
- Design and implement testing protocols to ensure product safety, quality and reliability
- Provide internal support in matters related to the embedded software including answering questions about device functionality and capabilities, working with Electrical Engineers to implement hardware changes and debug products
- Contribute firmware-related work to test-driven milestones and be a productive member of an agile and cross-functional software team.
- Debug and maintain embedded software from prototypes to products and supplemental hardware.
- Become a key part of the core product team - enabling hardware/firmware continuous improvement efforts.
- Work very closely with the CTO to solve engineering and quality issues - must be willing to be a technical expert and a generalist to support the needs of a growing startup company.
- Rapidly prototype new products and components.
- Contribute to conversations about the company at large, the software team subgroup, and the future of the company’s software and product offerings.
Skills/Experience You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience writing embedded C/C++.
- Experience with RTOS and electromechanical prototyping.
- Experience with 3D printing a plus
- Accept change openly and able to thrive in a culture of continuous improvement and learning.
- Excellent English (both oral and written).
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- The ability to operate autonomously in a challenging startup environment.