Cambridge, MA · Job # 8294LK
We are working with an exciting BioPharma start-up that is expanding its footprint in the Cambridge, MA area.
Candidates can work from either their home office or company office in the City. In order to meet realistic goals for growth, our client company wants to add a few select Business Development Managers to its team. The ideal candidate(s) will leverage their existing network of industry contacts (and establish new contacts) through networking, attendance at key conferences/trade shows, and other engagement opportunities. In addition, the candidate will interface with internal groups (e.g. cloning, production, and exosome) to provide timely updates for on-going projects as well as scoping out feasibility of new projects to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- BA or BS in life sciences
- At least 2-5 years of business development experience, preferably in pharmaceutical, biotech, or clinical/translational research settings
- Demonstrated track record of developing and closing successful partnerships or collaborations
- Must have a deep understanding of BioPharma research needs in multiple areas, including (but not limited to) oncology, molecular diagnostics, and genomics
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and able to proactively generate and qualify leads and opportunities
- Strong business and relationship-building skills, with an ability to understand customer needs and identifying underlying drivers influencing decision-making processes for each client
- Experience drafting service contracts, Statement of Work (SOWs), responding to Request for Proposals/Information (RFPs/RFIs), and reviewing Master Service Agreements (MSAs) as needed to drive completion of deals.
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) systems (SFDC, Netsuite), Microsoft Office, and Data Analytics/BI platforms (e.g. Tableau, SpotFire). Understanding of deal structure and valuation/NPV analysis is a plus.