Boston, MA · Job # 7844LK
We are working with an innovative technology company building products used for Artificial Intelligence. The company is based in the Boston, MA area and is back by well-respected venture capital firms. The founding team has strong ties to prestigious Universities globally, and they have come up with product ideas which have already begun to help paying customers realize value from these products.
- Platform improvements and optimizations: API requests must be received and responded with high performance. A piece of the work will involve contributing to the scalability the platform from proper data caching to optimized database queries.
- Data processing pipeline improvements and optimizations: each day, millions of disparate data items need to be ingested, transformed, resolved, and prepared for the platform. A piece of the work will involve working to extend the capabilities of the pipeline processing and work to enhance its stability
- Work with the team to ensure that new functionality is integrated into orchestration systems –Java and PHP, Linux, AWS, Docker, and Jenkins.
- Themes include distributed computing, large-scale data, neuroscience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
- 5-7 years of professional experience in commercial software development
- Proficient in Java and Python, with experience and interest in other languages
- Understanding of REST API and loosely coupled system concepts
- Experience with AWS and Git, Docker a plus
- Experience with unit/functional testing, TDD/BDD, and version control
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
- Experience with task tracking systems. Jira
- Experience using Agile methodologies to improve a core product