Lowell, MA · Job # 7774BK
We are seeking a Data Platform Architect to lead the design, execution and forward thinking strategy of our client’s data platform. This role will encompass all aspects of their data platform, from highly scalable transactions, end-user reports and ETL process, to form a permanent data lake. This role is a critical role and reports directly to the Chief Architect as part of a corporate architecture team. This strong technical leader will collaborate with a core team of senior architects and engineers to refine and drive realization of the technical vision. The Data Platform Architect will participate in a program that will implement technical processes, architectural standards and frameworks across software, quality, and infrastructure teams.
- Lead key data architecture decisions across the development organization
- Lead the design of architectural roadmaps, database, data access and data technology architectures, software components and align these with business strategies and objectives
- Provide expertise on the overall data eco-system’s engineering best practices, standards, architectural approaches and complex technical resolutions
- Working with engineering teams across the technology organization, deliver the strategy through clear leadership/direction, influence and integration with agile development processes
- Experience leading a very senior team of principal engineers in developing and implementing industry data solutions
- Knowledge and hands-on expertise in the following technologies: RDBMS, NoSQL, Big Data Hadoop technologies, distributed technologies, ETL tools, data modeling for transactional as well as reporting focuses. Technologies like: Kafka, Kenesis, BI and Datawarehousing a plus
- Experience building data intensive applications in the Amazon cloud computing infrastructure
- Experience in data modeling, profiling and database access pattern optimizations
- Demonstrated skills in setting, communicating and executing architectural vision
- Strong communication skills and successful history of leading via influence
- 7+ years of experience in software development in Java and n-tier environments.
- A BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, MS is preferred