Boston, MA · Job # 8156BK
Our client is in the publishing domain. Technologies include .NET and Java, as well as relational and NoSQL databases, and many mobile apps on both iOS and Android.
You are a leader with AGILE experience. You will have the technical responsibility for the overall selection/refinement of AWS platform capabilities for accelerated delivery of solutions for library markets natively build in AWS. You will interface with business professionals, cross functional teams, customers and suppliers to participate in the definition of the higher-level functional and nonfunctional requirements, analyze technical trade-offs, determine the major components and define the interfaces and collaborations between them. You will understand the complexities of large-scale solution development and apply Lean and Agile practices to design systems.
- Identify and consciously assess use of AWS managed services to drive accelerated development velocity in building solutions for library markets
- Continuously assess and drive adoption of best practices for development of AWS cloud native applications/solutions that drive improvements in the development velocity and cost optimizations
- Conduct architectural, design, and code assessments of applications developed and deployed on AWS stack utilizing managed services.
- Apply domain-driven design methodology for collaboratively architecting microservices based AWS native applications
- Work with internal customers, stakeholders, and suppliers to establish high-level solution intent and architectural runway
- Interact regularly with business stakeholders about features under development
- Develop architecture and code prototypes
- AWS Solution Architect certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field of study. Master’s Degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience of building complex server side solutions in Java
- 5+ years of experience delivering large scale solutions in AWS across multiple regions and availability zones
- 8+ years of experience with SOA/REST/Microservices concepts
- 3+ years of experience delivering large scale data drive solutions in AWS utilizing managed services
- In depth technical understanding of systems, databases, networking, and computing environments in AWS
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and experience applying enterprise patterns to solving business problems
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals
Would Be Nice:
- Familiarity with domain driven design
- Familiarity with Netflix OSS
- Experience with the following AWS services: ECS/Fargate, EC2, Lambdas, ALB, ASG, S3, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, Kinesis, Athena, EMR, CloudFormation, SageMaker, Glue
- Familiarity with Development Centric culture and supporting SDLC processes
- Familiarity with domain driven design
- Understanding of Linked Data
- Experience in publishing industry
- Experience delivering cost optimized data driven solutions in AWS
- Passion for Lean: Appreciates the depths of Lean practices and principles and role models Lean and Agile behaviors.
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning: Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Collaboration: Strong team player who breaks down silos and works effectively with teams and stakeholders to establish and accomplish business objectives.
- Negotiating and Consensus Building: Manages, negotiates and coordinates with technology, business stakeholders, subject matter experts, development teams, and enterprise architects to build strategy and processes that support the achievement of business objectives.
- Requirements Analysis: Gathers, organizes and evaluates any information or data needed as input from stakeholders and development team to determine requirements and specifications.
- Business Analysis: Evaluates many competing factors to form correct judgments and recommendations that balance current and anticipated business and technology needs.
- Communication: Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with ability to articulate both technical and business ideas clearly and simply from team level to board level to large external audience.
- Technical Acumen: Exhibits keen interest in technology innovation. Experienced architect of large scale, complex, transformational solutions.