Cambridge, MA · Job # 8374BK
Early-Stage Company. Indoor Real-Time Location Systems.
You will become highly proficient in all clients products by working closely with their customers, partners, as well as the company’s engineering and sales team. As a Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for dealing directly with customers as they adopt this disruptive technology. You should have a CS background or EE/MechE.
What You Will Be Doing:
• On-site support to customers during the sales, planning and installation phase of the company system
• Lead technical discussions and demonstrations of company products both remotely and at customer sites.
• Install and supports proof-of-concept system for customers/partners/integrators.
• Helps develop clear value proposition by understanding the customers’ needs.
• Helps develop business case as project transitions from proof-of-concept to pilot to full system roll out
• Provide IT and Level 1 software support including basic troubleshooting.
• Act as a point of contact on escalation issues, documenting problem description(s) with detail and record action steps taken.
• Trains customers on using the company system by demonstrating all features of the system.
• Supports sales and marketing activities by creating system installation plans
• Bachelor’s degree in CS/EE/MechE
• Experience with server-oriented Linux, RHEL/CentOS
• Experience working with and coordinating AWS components
• Knowledge in wireless technology and IT Networking
• Basic API knowledge
• Knowledge of navigation, real-time location services, and/or GPS solutions is a plus
• Must be willing to travel 50% of the time
Nice To Have:
• Operating Systems: Windows, Windows Server 2008+, macOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Arch, CentOS, FreeBSD
• Applications/Tools: Windows Deployment, Windows Active Directory, DNS, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office 365, Citrix ShareFile and Protected Trust, VMware ESXi, Ansible, Apache, Nginx, OpenVPN, Nagios, Squid Proxy, Docker, VPS Management, LXC, ELK Stack, Netfilter and pfSense Firewalls, Postfix, Ossec IDS, BSD
• Certifications: CompTIA A+, Dell TechDirect, Apple ACMT, ITIL Foundation
• Possession of a start-up mentality with a hands-on, get things done attitude
• Detail oriented
• Good problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills and works well in team settings