Beverly, MA · Job # 7960RK
Exceptional new opportunity with Award-Winning company - Agile Development Manager, skilled at removing barriers so experienced development teams can focus on “Being the Best that they can be!”
- Manage 1-2 development teams with ~7-9 engineers each, with focus on content ingestion and transformation. These teams are instrumental in developing software for loading full text content and metadata into document systems.
- Work directly with product owners and business representatives to provide business solutions from inception to operation.
- Ensure that the whole team owns the quality of the products produced and maintains a balanced mindset across the engineering disciplines involved in delivering those products according to the ‘definition of done’.
- Be a guardian of world-class customer experience.
- Stay abreast of industry/technology trends relevant to the Software Engineering discipline
- Regularly review team performance, collaborate with them on improvement initiatives/experiments (PDSA Cycle), and understand the data, team and workflow.
- Attract, recruit, retain, and develop top engineering talent.
- Review the performance of individual team members and provide effective coaching for improvement.
- Cultivate and groom leaders.
- Foster a growth mind-set in all employees.
- Foster and enable software craftsmanship and innovation.
- Advocate for the team and promote their successes, celebrate their failures, and share key learnings throughout the organization.
- Lead accountability, autonomy, and empowerment within your teams and manage the appropriate boundaries to achieve the result of having self-directed work teams.
- Ensure the principles behind the Agile Manifesto and SAFe framework in all interactions and equip the team to do the same.
- 8+ years of experience in software development environment
- 3+ years’ experience as a senior team lead or manager in an agile SW development environment
- 3+ years of experience in Agile/Scrum/Kanban/SAFe
- 2+ years of experience delivering reliable DevOps solutions, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience with Java development
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- Conflict resolution and coaching
- Change management and coaching
- Capable of contributing technically as needed
- Deep knowledge of software design patterns, algorithms, data structures and modern programming techniques
- Database design and data architecture skills
- Proven track record in attracting new talent and retaining key talent
- Ability to quickly understand and assess technical aspects of company’s products and components
- Ability to advise on best practices in architecture, implementation and team dynamics
- Bachelor's Degree