Beverly, MA · Job # 8153RK
Join a research innovator in a leadership role focused on development of people and practices and providing the framework for self-directed teams to successfully execute against their goals within an Agile organization.
- Manage 1-2 development teams with ~5-7 engineers each, with focus on content ingestion and transformation. These teams are instrumental in developing software for loading full text content and metadata into document systems.
- Work directly with product owners and business representatives to provide business solutions from inception to operation.
- Ensure that the whole team owns the quality of the products produced and maintains a balanced mindset across the engineering disciplines involved in delivering those products according to the ‘definition of done’.
- Be a guardian of world-class customer experience.
- Stay abreast of industry/technology trends relevant to the Software Engineering discipline
- Regularly review team performance, collaborate with them on improvement initiatives/experiments (PDSA Cycle), and understand the data, team and workflow.
- Act as a servant leader to a team or a team of teams so that they are enabled to maximize the value they can deliver to the business.
- Foster a growth mind-set in all employees.
- Foster and enable software craftsmanship and innovation.
- Advocate for the team and promote their successes, celebrate their failures, and share key learnings throughout the organization.
- Lead accountability, autonomy, and empowerment within your teams and manage the appropriate boundaries to achieve the result of having self-directed work teams.
- Live the principles behind the Agile Manifesto and SAFe framework in all interactions and equip the team to do the same.
Skills and Experience you bring to the Organization:
- 3+ years’ experience as a senior team lead or manager in an agile SW development environment/10+ years’ experience in software development
- 3+ years’ experience in Agile/Scrum/Kanban/SAFe
- Proven track record in guiding, coaching, and mentoring development teams
- Proven track record in attracting new talent and retaining key talent
- 2 years’ experience with Java development
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent