Lynnfield, MA · Job # 7959BK
You will be a leader who guides, coaches, and mentors a team of software engineers, test engineers, and automation engineers in the design, development, delivery, and maintenance of research products and services. You will lead teams who work developing best practices for integration, testing and deployment of systems and services that inform the world, advancing research in traditional and emerging fields and transforming learning and education.
- Manage 1-2 development teams with ~7-9 engineers each.
- Work directly with product owners and business representatives to provide business solutions from inception to operation.
- Ensure that the whole teams owns the quality of the products we produce and maintain a balanced mindset across the engineering disciplines involved in delivering those products according to the ‘definition of done’.
- Be a guardian of world-class customer experience.
- Stay abreast of industry/technology trends relevant to the Software Engineering discipline
- Regularly review team performance, collaborate with them on improvement initiatives/experiments (PDSA Cycle), and understand the data, team and workflow.
- Act as a leader to a team or a team of teams so that they are enabled to maximize the value they can deliver to the business.
- Advocate for the team and promote their successes, celebrate their failures, and share key learnings throughout the organization.
- Lead accountability, autonomy, and empowerment within your teams and manage the appropriate boundaries to achieve the result of having self-directed work teams.
- Live the principles behind the Agile Manifesto and SAFe framework in all interactions and equip the team to do the same.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years’ experience in software development
- 3+ years’ experience as a senior team lead or manager in an agile SW development environment
- 3+ years’ experience in Agile/Scrum/Kanban/SAFe
- 2 years’ experience with Java development
- Deep knowledge of software design patterns, algorithms, data structures and modern programming techniques
- Database design and data architecture skills
- Relevant experience
- Building high volume search applications
- Large scale Information retrieval systems
- Predictive analytics and machine learning techniques
- Leveraging public cloud infrastructure (specifically AWS/EC2)
- Scaled Agile Framework for Enterprises (SAFe)
- Microservice architecture